The AVCA Men's Head Coaches Committee provides an opportunity for coaches to exercise their voice as well as presents a chance to give back to the volleyball community.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact the committee chair, John Kosty.
Committee Responsibilities and Structure
- Solicit committee for agenda items
- Provide AVCA staff with tentative agenda one week prior to call
- Provide AVCA staff with meeting and conference call minutes within one week of call
- Maintain committee composition, solicit and appoint new members to vacant seats
- Maintain an active and effective committee; enforce committee policies
- Coordinate subcommittees
The function of this committee is to advise the chair, AVCA staff and board of directors with regard to legislation, recruiting, video exchange, convention agenda, membership (renewal and new), Marketing, ethics and conduct and general issues as they arise. The discussion and action items will go directly to the board for action.
- To be present once every month, August through December, and every other month January through May on the one-hour committee conference call
- To meet in person, as a committee, at the annual convention in December
The committee shall consist of eight (8) members:
- one (1) chair
- one (1) representative from each of the five (5) conferences (EIVA I/II, EIVA III, MIVA, MPSF, NECVA)
- one (1) Division III at-large representative
- one (1) AVCA staff representative (non-voting)
The committee chair has the authority to appoint two ad hoc members when appropriate.
All committee members must be AVCA members in good standing for the duration on their term.
Members should serve three-year terms with members terms staggered so that no more than one-third of the members are replaced each year. Members are limited to two consecutive terms and must be off the committee one year before serving again.
If the member's initial term filled an unexpired term, the member is eligible for re-election to two additional three-year terms. All terms of service begin and end in traditional calendar year, January through December.
Should a member miss two calls within one term that member shall be immediately removed from the committee and replaced.
Committee members are appointed by their divisional board of directors' representative who will act as the committee chair. The committee chair will make every attempt to include coaches that are not currently involved in other AVCA committees whenever possible.
Show All (archives)