November 10, 2009
AVCA Assistant Coaches Meetings
Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 12:00 pm EST
I. Welcome - Keynote Speaker - Nick Cheronis, Associate Head Coach, Univ. of Florida
- Click here to view the outline.
II. Reports and Announcements
- Next Call: Tuesday, December 8, 12:00 pm EST
- AVCA Convention Registration: Still open! Early bird deadline has passed, but the AVCA is tracking to surpass Sacramento 2007 numbers, which was the biggest Convention to date.
- Division I Award Nominations will open Monday, November 23 at 8:00 am EST and close Monday, November 30 at 5:00 pm EST.
- Coming Soon: Scheduling resource through the AVCA
- Job Resource Board Online through the AVCA: Help encourage fellow coaches to use this tool.
- NCSA/AVCA Girls' Talent Showcase on December 20th: Coaches can still pre-register to attend the event up until December 2. Coaches who pre-register will receive information on all the participating athletes prior to the event. Contact information of the athletes will not be available until the actual event, but all other fields of the registration will be sent to those coaches who pre-register. Follow this link to sign-up: http://www.avca.org/tampaconvention09/index.cfm/convention09/convention-schedule/recruiting-opportunities
- ACC Meetings at Convention
-- Committee Meeting: Thursday, Dec. 17, 9:00-10:30 am
-- General Meeting: Friday, Dec. 18, 12:00-1:30 pm
III. Committee Updates
- AVCA Magazine/Publications: Eric Hammond, MEAC, reported that they just finished their second article. If you're interested in writing for the magazine, please let him know!
- Sand Committee: AVCA Executive Director, Kathy DeBoer, reported that DII has passed this and is moving forward with adding it in their institutions. For Division I, there are 2 main issues right now: Where do you stand for having sand volleyball as an emerging sport? How many institutions are coming to Convention to vote?
-- Shannon Wells, Big South, reported about the 10 year progressive timeline that was created with the feedback they have received from opposing coaches. It is intended to provide information on how to make sand volleyball an official sport at your school in 10 years.
- Recruiting Task Force: Jill Wilson, SEC: survey out to head coaches to get a feel for how they feel about certain issues. Hope to have results before Convention.
- Legislative: No Report
- Convention Social: Wednesday, Dec. 16th, 8 pm-Splitsville. 615 Channelside Dr., Tampa, FL 33602, 813-514-2695
- Convention Demonstrators: Full!
- Branding: ACC logos in the works! Please send Tracy your top 3 votes. This is just the beginning stages of design and edits can certainly be made.
IV. Roll Call
- Not present on the call: 2-Year College, Big East, Div. II, Independent, Men, Summit.