January 12, 2010
AVCA Assistant Coaches Meeting
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
12:00 pm Eastern Time
I. AVCA Update/Spring Initiatives (Amanda Brungs)
- 2009 Annual Convention was huge success! Thanks to all those who participated!
- 2010 AVCA Spring Conference: May 6-8 in Palo Alto, California. Mark your calendars now!
- Coming Soon (Jan. 19) - Open Dates section of the AVCA Web site. In the meantime, please send any open dates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: School Name, Open Date(s), Tournament Name (if applicable) and contact information.
- AVCA Membership Representation for Assistant Coaches: NAIA (16%), TYC (11.4%), NCAA Div. III (16.5%), NCAA Div. II (32%), NCAA Div. I (73%)
- Every committee needs to establish objectives for the spring and create goals/game plan by February call.
- The following committees will be on hold until the fall: Demonstrators, Social, and Convention Presenters. Sand volleyball needs more members!
- New committees to be formed: WNVA and AVCA Membership
- Discussion about the revised logos and vote was taken at end of call to determine each reps favorite. AVCA will provide feedback and final vote will take place on February call.
- Not present on call: Big West, Independent, Men, Mid-American, Pac-10, Southwestern, Summit, West Coast and Western Athletic.