3.17.10 TYC HCC Conference Call Minutes
Two-Year College Head Coaches Committee Conference Call Notes
Wednesday, March 17 @ 1:00 pm (ET)
Dial-In # - (800) 387-6159
Conference ID - 7971909
Present on Call
Kathy DeBoer, AVCA
Ashley Beil, AVCA
David Rehr, Blinn College - Chair
Marci Henry, Northeastern Junior College (NJCAA, DI)
Bert Luallen, Seward County Community College (NJCAA, DI)
Kim Lester, San Diego Mesa College (CCCAA)
Rick Reynolds, Western Wyoming Community College (NJCAA, DI)
I. Welcome, Marci Henry
II. AVCA Updates
- A. Invitation to speak at 2010 AVCA Convention in Kansas City
- a. Information available at: http://www.avca.org/includes/media/docs/2010-AVCA-Convention---Invitation-to-Present.pdf
- b. Link to "Recruiting the 2-Year Student-Athlete" presentation from 2007 AVCA Annual Convention in Sacramento: http://www.avca.org/includes/media/docs/Improve%20Your%20Program%20Today%20PowerPoint%20Presentation.pdf
- B. Collegiate Assistant Coach Membership Promotion
- a. Available now through June 30, 2010. Offer not available through the AVCA Web site. To take advantage of this offer please complete the form available at the following link: http://www.avca.org/includes/media/docs/2-For-1-Promo-2.10.pdf
- C. Hall of Fame Nominations Open on Friday
- a. Nomination information will be emailed to entire AVCA membership and posted to AVCA Web site. Nominations will run through Friday, May 14, 2010.
- D. Registration is still open for the NCSA/AVCA Spring Girls' Talent Showcase: April 1, 2010 in New Orleans and is open to Junior College athletes.
- a. To register: http://www.avca.org/events/talent-showcases/spring-registration/
- E. Registration for 2010 AVCA Spring Conference in Palo Alto is open.
- a. Take advantage of all the education and networking opportunities of the AVCA Annual Convention on a smaller, more personal scale. For more AVCA Spring Conference information: http://www.avca.org/springconference2010/
III. NJCAA Updates
- A. Issue was raised about the ethics of recruiting and honoring Letters of Intent once signed. Not sure about a solution to this problem unless penalties are put into place and enforced if a student-athlete changes her mind after signing a LOI.
- B. Redistricting - On March 22 the proposal sent by Marci Henry will be reviewed and membership will receive information on Championships events committee research on Championships across sport lines. On a sport by sport basis, survey results will be reviewed to determine what will happen with each sports' championships.
IV. NWAACC Updates - no rep on the call
V. CCCAA Updates
A. Post-season play is down to a Final 4 with three rounds of play-offs instead of two.