February 22, 2012
AVCA First Time Attendee Committee
February 21, 2012
AVCA Representative - Kali Andress, Lexington, KY
First Time Attendee Board Representative and International Representative - Brian Swenty - Vilseck American High School, Germany
First Time Attendee Board Representative and Division I Representative - Kyrsten Becker - Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
Division II Representative - Jennifer Constantino - Quincy University, Quincy, IL
Division III Representative - Beth Ellinger - Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, VA
Two-Year College Representative - Brian Dickens - Pratt Community College, Pratt, KS and Jahrae Hampton - Western Wyoming Community College, Rock Springs, WY
High School Representative - James Mikolajczyk - Oasis High School - Cape Coral, FL and John Turner - Pearland High School, Pearland, TX
Junior Club Representative - Mike Woodall - Excel Volleyball Club, Plano, TX and Daniel Mudd - Indy Juniors, Indianapolis, IN
Men's Volleyball Representative - Michael Rumbaugh - St. Francis University, Loretto, PA and Matthew Soderstrom - Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
New Member Representative - Alice Kahrs - SUNY Courtland, Courtland, NY and Daniel Georgalas - Stephen F Austin University, Nacogdoches, TX
Pre-Convention Representative - Bridget Yates - Spalding University, Louisville, KY and Samantha Fish - University of Findlay, Findlay, OH
Convention Reception Representative -Kristy Bayer - Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AK
Plan and goals
Opening doors and developing relationships
- Above is an outline of everyone's roles on the committee. If what is listed is not what you want, let Chuck know.
- Chuck will soon begin to turn the call over to the members so that they can share their ideas about ways to promote the AVCA and volleyball.
- Spreading the word about the AVCA at different events in your area: Contact Kali at email@example.com to request promotional materials for your event. We have items such as membership brochures, event postcards, Coaching Volleyball magazines, Phenom magazines, give-a-ways, etc.
- Someone asked a question if the Men's representative should be for the sport of Men's Volleyball or supporting male coaches. It was decided that that role will focus on developing the men's sport.
- Welcoming new AVCA members each month: If you are interested in sending out emails to new members each month, let Chuck know. The AVCA will put together a generic email outlining member benefits and directly people to the website and Facebook page. We will also provide a Q&A sheet about the AVCA so that you may answer any questions.