TYC HCC Conference Call Minutes
Two-Year College Head Coaches Committee Conference Call
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
11:30 am ET
Present on Call:
Ashley Beil (AVCA), Sonny Lewis, Kim Lester, Kevin Kramer, Mary Young, Rick Reynolds (Chair), Jane Peterson, Jenni Hull
- Two-Year College Recruiting Database "kinks" being worked out
- AVCA/NCSA College Prep Combine Overview
- AVCA Hall of Fame nominations will open this Friday, March 22.
- NJCAA Hall of Fame nominations! Get them in!
Complete NJCAA Bylaws Proposals - http://www.njcaa.org/minutes/2013/2012-2013%20NJCAA%20Constitution%20%26%20Bylaw%20Proposals.pdf
- Division I - recommendations from AVCA Convention meeting brought forward: 2 out of 3 set games will not be considered in the national poll considerations and seeding in national tournament passed; higher seeded team wears lighter colored uniform in national tournament; make sure #s on the roster reflect the players for the duration of the tournament, e.g. a player cannot be #1 in one match and #5 in another match; media-based timeouts follow protocols in NCAA rule book
- Division II- it was not passed on the 2 out of 3 set games; still recommended higher seed wear lighter colored uniform at national tournament; not a bid currently for DII volleyball
- Division III - at the national tournament the loser of match 11 will finish 4th and the winner of match 10 will finish 5th; 2 out of 3 set games was not passed; solid color uniform rule - coaches look and make sure you are meeting the rule
- National Poll - Team and individual statistics for member colleges must be up to date on the NJCAA Presto Sports System each week to be eligible for ranking in the national poll. Teams or a Region Representative must also fill out and electronically submit the NJCAA Poll Nomination Form each Monday by 12 p.m. (Mountain) in order to be eligible for ranking in the national poll. A Region Representative may still submit a suggested ranking of their teams to the National Office. The NJCAA national office will compile data from the Poll Nomination Forms and deliver it to the national poll voters for their use in formulating the rankings each week. The NJCAA national office will disseminate the Poll Nomination Form to all member colleges and Region Representatives prior to the start of the season.
- PASSED - Proposal 95, Secion III, Article 5: Requirements for Entering and Continuing Student-Athletes
- PASSED - Proposal 58, Section VI Article 10: 21 days prior to start of season can house and feed athletes if they are on campus.
- AMENDMENT PASSED - Proposal 68, Article XII, Section 3 .A - Team Sport District Qualification for National Tournaments
- Possible structural changes to state tournament.
- Beach teams about to begin state tournament. Could be placed on an emerging sport list in the state instead of just a club sport.
Wednesday, May 15 @ 11:30 am (ET)