Children at the Convention
- Per NCAA regulations, all children despite age must have a ticket to all NCAA matches.
- Children are discouraged from attending the convention. Please contact the hotel front desk for babysitting services.
- A lost name badge can be replaced for $35.
- Attire for the jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and AVCA All-America/Players of the Year Banquet presented by Zamst is business casual.
- Lost match tickets can not be replaced. A new ticket would need to be purchased from the Sprint Center.
- Lost reception and banquet tickets can not be replaced but may be purchased for $45 per ticket, based on availability.
- Guest badges will be given to NCAA committee members who have information to share with AVCA members, conference representatives visiting for conference meetings and VIP's. Guest examples include NCAA staff, rules or volleyball committee members, or NCAA local organizing committee officials.
- Committee members who are current volleyball coaches are expected to register for the convention and are not considered to hold "guest" status.
Convention Registration Policies
- All purchases must be paid in full by Friday, November 5, 2010 to receive the early registration price.
- All registration fees must be paid in full prior to receiving convention name badge and materials.
- Convention registrations are non-transferable.
- Anyone under the age of 21, regardless of AVCA membership status, is not eligible to register for the convention.
- Payments made by check must be received at AVCA headquarters by Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010. Attendees should bring checks with them to AVCA Registration in Kansas City if paying after this date.
- Attendees can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until Dec. 1, 2010. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. Attendees may register on-site in Kansas City beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 14.
- Requests to cancel registration must be submitted in writing and postmarked on or before Thursday, December 2, 2010. No refunds will be given after December 2, 2010.
- Each cancellation will be assessed a 25% administrative fee.
- Refunds will be given to coaches of the four teams participating in the championship if a request is made in writing no later than Wed., Dec. 15, 2010 at AVCA Convention Registration. No refund will be given if the registration packet is picked up.
- Alcohol is served at the AVCA Networking Luncheon & Bowling Tournament, Opening Night Reception, Reception and Coaches Tournament, Nfinity 80's Party and Texas Hold'em Tournament & Party. All attendees are expected to exercise good judgment in the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The AVCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who appears intoxicated.
NCAA Match Ticket Policy
- NCAA championship tickets are not refundable.
- To purchase NCAA tickets through the AVCA you must be registered for the convention.
- Each ticket purchase includes one semifinal (both matches) and one championship match ticket.
- NCAA match tickets may be purchased through the AVCA until December 1, 2010. A $7 handling fee is included.
- Group Seating: Registrants who wish to sit together must complete the group seating request process when signing-up online. Those who submit a paper registration form must send their registration forms together, along with a written request and proper payment. Please note that the AVCA will make every effort to accommodate all group seating requests but these requests are not guaranteed. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Friday, Nov. 12. Group seating requests received after Nov. 12 will not be granted. There is a limit of 5 people per group seating request.
- Tickets purchased will be placed in your convention credential and will only be available at AVCA Registration. Tickets will not be available at championship venue will-call.
1. What is the AVCA convention headquarters hotel and other hotels in the convention block?
The headquarters hotel is the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. The other hotels in the AVCA convention block are the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown and Holiday Inn Aladdin. For more information on each hotel and to make reservations visit www.avca.org/kcconvention2010 or contact the hotels directly and ask for the AVCA convention rate. Be sure to mention you are an AVCA convention attendee in order take advantage of special room rate discounts. The AVCA room blocks will be released on November 21 and rooms will be available beginning November 22 at the AVCA rate on a space-available basis only. PAVO convention attendees are encouraged to make their reservations at the Crowne Plaza where their meetings are scheduled.
*Please note that attendees who reserve rooms at the Kansas City Downtown Marriott, Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn Aladdin will have their credit card charged for one night in the event of cancelling the reservation.
2. Where is the Kansas City airport?
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is the primary airport for Kansas City. Kansas City International is located approximately 22 miles from the AVCA convention hotels, the Kansas City Convention Center and Sprint Center. Discounted shuttle service to/from Kansas City International is available through Super Shuttle. Be sure to visit the links on the left for details on ground transportation, car rental and airline discounts.
3. Which events will be held at which venues?
The Opening Night Reception, Nfinity 80's Party, Mentoring Program Reception and Texas Hold'em Tournament & Party will be held at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. All other receptions and banquets will be held in the Kansas City Convention Center. The convention center will also host Volleyball Marketplace, all AVCA educational sessions and CAP programming. Coaches meetings will take place at both the convention center and KC Marriott Downtown. The NCAA Championship matches will be played in the Sprint Center which is approximately four blocks from the KC Marriott Downtown. The Under Armour® All-America Volleyball Match and Skills Competition will be played in Municipal Auditorium which is part of the KC Convention Center. The AVCA Networking Luncheon & Bowling Tournament will be held at Lucky Strike Lanes which is located in the Kansas City Power & Light District. Please check the schedule in your convention program for exact locations. All convention venues are located within walking distance of the convention hotels and convention center.
4. Where is the Kansas City Convention Center and where can I park?
The Kansas City Convention Center is located at 301 West 13th St. in downtown Kansas City. Please visit the Parking section for details on parking lots and directions to the convention center. The cost of parking is $5.00 - $8.00 in city owned parking lots.
5. Can I register for the convention and buy match tickets after the early registration period?
Yes - you can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until December 1, 2010. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. You may register onsite in Kansas City beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 14. All attendees are encouraged to register by the early registration discount deadline of November 5, 2010. NCAA match tickets will be sold through the AVCA until December 1, 2010. After that date all ticket purchases must be made through the Sprint Center box office.
6. How do I purchase NCAA match tickets from the AVCA and where do I pick them up?
You may purchase NCAA match tickets through the AVCA until December 1, 2010 as part of the convention registration process. Match tickets include one semifinal (two matches) and one championship ticket. You must be registered for the convention in order to purchase match tickets. Tickets are not included with convention registration and must be purchased separately. Tickets are non-refundable and must be collected with your convention credential at AVCA Registration. Tickets will NOT be available at the event site will-call. Group seating is available. Please visit the Match Tickets & Group Seating section for directions on how to request group seating. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Friday, November 12. Group seating requests received after November 12 will not be granted.
7. How do I find information on the convention schedule?
Click the Convention Schedule and Education links to the left. Daily schedule signage will be posted in the convention center and a complete schedule of activities will be included in the onsite convention program included with registration materials as well.
8. When will I receive my convention registration receipt and registration materials?
Those who register online will receive an e-mail receipt when the registration is completed. Those who register with a printed registration form will be e-mailed a receipt the Friday after they register beginning on Friday, October 1. Convention credentials and materials will be available onsite at AVCA Registration. No materials will be mailed.