Children at the Convention
- Per NCAA regulations, all children despite age must have a ticket to all NCAA matches.
- Children are welcome at the AVCA Convention.Any child under prospect age will be given free admittance into Volleyball Marketplace, meetings and educational sessions if they are accompanied by their parent.Tickets may be purchased for children to attend banquets and parties with their parents. No ticket is required for children sharing their parent's seat, i.e. lap-age babies/children. Due to NCAA legislation prospect age children are not allowed to attend convention activities closed to the public which includes educational sessions, meetings and Volleyball Marketplace. However, parents may purchase a ticket for prospect age children to attend banquets and parties as those are public events. While we encourage you to bring your family to AVCA functions be reminded that the AVCA does not provide childcare. Please visit the Children & Family section of the AVCA Convention Web site for more information on childcare options in Seattle.
- A lost name badge can be replaced for $35.
- Attire for the Jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and AVCA All-America/Players of the Year Banquet is business casual. Attire for all other events is casual.
- Lost NCAA match tickets can't be replaced. A new ticket would need to be purchased from the Key Arena box office.
- Lost party, banquet, monorail and Under Armour All-America match tickets can't be replaced but may be purchased at AVCA Registration, based on availability.
- Guest badges will be given to NCAA committee members who have information to share with AVCA members, conference representatives visiting for conference meetings and VIP's. Guest examples include NCAA staff, rules or volleyball committee members, or NCAA local organizing committee officials.
- Committee members who are current volleyball coaches are expected to register for the convention and are not considered to hold "guest" status.
Convention Registration Policies
- All purchases must be paid in full by Friday, November 1, 2013 to receive the early registration discount price.
- All registration fees must be paid in full prior to receiving convention name badge and materials.
- High school players, regardless of AVCA membership status, are not eligible to register for the convention.
- Payments made by check must be received at AVCA headquarters by Wednesday, Nov, 27, 2013. Attendees should bring checks with them to AVCA Registration in Seattle if paying after this date.
- Attendees can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until Nov. 27, 2013. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. Attendees may register on-site in Seattle beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013.
- Convention registrations are transferrable. Applicable registration pricing for the substitute attendee will apply.
- Requests to cancel registration must be submitted in writing and postmarked on or before Wednesday, November 27, 2013. No refunds will be given after November 27, 2013.
- Each cancellation will be assessed a 25% administrative fee.
- Refunds will be given to coaches of the four teams participating in the championship if a request is made in writing no later than Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at AVCA Convention Registration. However, no refund will be given if the registration packet is picked up.
- Alcohol is served at the First-Timers Reception, Coaches Mentoring Program Reception, Opening Night Party, Spalding Party and Coaches Tournament and Champions Party. All attendees are expected to exercise good judgment in the consumption of alcoholic beverages. The AVCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who appears intoxicated.
NCAA Match Ticket Policy
- NCAA championship tickets are not refundable.
- To purchase NCAA tickets through the AVCA you must be registered for the convention.
- Each ticket purchase includes one semifinal (both matches) and one championship match ticket.
- NCAA match tickets may be purchased through the AVCA until Nov. 27, 2013. A $7 handling fee is included.
- Group Seating: Registrants who wish to sit together must complete the group seating request process when signing-up online. Those who submit a paper registration form must send their registration forms together, along with a written request and proper payment. Please note that the AVCA will make every effort to accommodate all group seating requests but these requests are not guaranteed. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is Monday, Nov. 25. Group seating requests received after Nov. 25 will not be granted. There is a limit of 5 people per group seating request.
- Tickets purchased will be placed in your convention credential and will only be available at AVCA Registration. Tickets will not be available at championship venue will-call.
1. What is the AVCA Convention headquarters hotel and other hotels in the convention block? The headquarters hotel is the Sheraton Seattle. The other hotels in the AVCA convention block are the Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8 and The Paramount. For more information on each hotel and to make reservations visit www.avca.org/seattle13 or contact the hotels directly and ask for the AVCA convention rate. Be sure to mention you are an AVCA convention attendee in order to take advantage of special room rate discounts. The AVCA room blocks will be released on November 22 and rooms will be available beginning November 22 at the AVCA rate on a space-available basis only. PAVO convention attendees are encouraged to make their reservations at the Grand Hyatt where their meetings are scheduled.
*Please note that attendees who reserve rooms at the Sheraton Seattle, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8 or The Paramount will have their credit card charged for one night room and tax in the event of cancelling the reservation.
2. Where is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport? Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) International Airport (SEA) is the primary airport for Seattle. Sea-Tac International is located approximately 14 miles from the AVCA convention hotels and Washington State Convention Center. Discounted shuttle service to/from Sea-Tac is available through Downtown Airporter shuttle service. Be sure to visit the travel discounts section on the AVCA convention site for details on ground transportation, car rental and airline discounts.
3. Which events will be held at which venues? The Jostens Coaches Honors Luncheon and All-America/Players of the Year Banquet will be held in the Sheraton Seattle. The Opening Night Party, Victory Club Recognition Breakfast, Super Session, Closing Session, Convention First-Time Attendee Reception and Mentoring Program Reception will be held in at the Washington State Convention Center. The convention center will also host AVCA Volleyball Marketplace, all AVCA educational sessions and CAP programming. Coaches meetings will take place at both the convention center and Sheraton Seattle. The Champions Party will be held at T.S. McHugh's Irish Pub and Restaurant located a five minute walk from Seattle Center and Key Arena. The NCAA Championship matches and Under Armour All-America High School Volleyball Match will be played in Key Arena at Seattle Center. Please check the schedule in your convention program for exact locations. The Washington State Convention Center and all convention hotels are located within walking distance of each other. Ground transportation will be required to/from Key Arena. Monorail passes to/from Seattle Center are available through AVCA registration.
4. Where is the Washington State Convention Center and where can I park? The Washington State Convention Center is located at 800 Convention Place in downtown Seattle. Please visit the parking section on the convention page at www.avca.org/Seattle13 for details on parking lots and directions to the convention center. The cost of parking is $4.00 - $29.00 depending on the parking lot and amount of time the vehicle is parked.
5. Can I register for the convention and buy match tickets after the early registration period? Yes - you can register for the convention and purchase match tickets until November 27, 2013. Registrations will not be accepted in the AVCA office after this date. You may register on-site in Seattle beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 17. All attendees are encouraged to register by the early registration discount deadline of November 1, 2013. NCAA match tickets will be sold through the AVCA until November 27, 2013. After that date all ticket purchases must be made through the Key Arena box office or through Ticketmaster.
6. How do I purchase NCAA match tickets from the AVCA and where do I pick them up? You may purchase NCAA match tickets through the AVCA until November 27, 2013 as part of the convention registration process. Match tickets include one semifinal (two matches) and one championship ticket. You must be registered for the convention in order to purchase match tickets. Tickets are not included with convention registration and must be purchased separately. Tickets are non-refundable and must be collected with your convention credential at AVCA Registration. Tickets will NOT be available at the event site will-call. Group seating is available. Please visit the convention page at www.avca.org/seattle13 for details on how to request group seating. The deadline for submitting group seating requests is November 25. Group seating requests received after November 25 will not be granted.
7. How do I find information on the convention schedule? Visit the AVCA Web site at www.avca.org/seattle13 for updated information on the convention and education schedules. Daily schedule signage will be posted in the convention center and a complete schedule of activities will be included in the onsite convention program included with registration materials as well.
8. When will I receive my convention registration receipt and registration materials? Those who register online will receive an e-mail receipt when the registration is completed. Those who register with a printed registration form will be e-mailed a receipt the Friday after they register beginning on Friday, September 27. Convention credentials and materials will be available on-site at AVCA Registration. No materials will be mailed.